Join the Team...
Agricultural Trials Officer (Crop Agronomy)
The Research Assistant’s role is based in Kerang, is diverse and supports the Trials Manager in all aspects of small plot research and agronomy demonstrations. You will play a critical role in ensuring our research is conducted to the highest of standards and milestone deadlines are met. You will be involved in planting research trials and will also perform weed management, irrigation and other maintenance activities to ensure optimum outcomes. The role also sees you harvesting, collecting and analysing data, and effectively using a range of machinery to achieve accurate and reliable trial results.
Although the role requires you to provide practical support to an existing team there is the capacity to grow to also be involved in communication with stakeholders, data analysis, interpretation and reporting, project or trial oversight and involvement in project design.
Your duties will include (but are not be limited to):
- Accurate sowing of research trials to suit conditions and harvesting in a timely manner
- Assist in undertaking maintenance duties on the research farms to ensure best management practice for plots and cropped areas i.e. spraying, watering, fertiliser spreading
- Assist in assessment of crops throughout the season to monitor the effect of treatments applied and basic sample processing
- Collect and enter all data associated with the above duties, conduct basic analysis and support the trials manager in interpretation and reporting
- Support the communications team by taking photos, posting on social media and providing updates on the field trials
- Use all allocated equipment, machinery and vehicles in a safe and professional manner.
- Create and maintain a safe working environment
- Ensure all work is conducted to a high standard and according to protocols
Find out more and apply in SEEK
Questions and further details, contact EO Charlie Aves